Monday, December 1, 2008

FULL TERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that I am full term today! God is so amazing! I still can't believe the week is finally here and I still can't wrap my arms around the fact that tomorrow Jeff and I will check into the hospital to have a full term, prayerfully healthy living baby who will come home to live with us! I keep asking Jeff when it is going to hit us and truly set in but I don't think it will be till the moment this baby is placed in our arms. The pressure from this baby, the increased contractions and the swelling in one leg have pretty much convinced me that I am ready to be done! Of course my emotions are all over the place, I am overwhelmed with wanting to remember Katelyn's birth and not the experience we had with the triplets. I pray that tomorrow God will fill Jeff and I with a complete peace as we finally experience what we have worked so incredibly hard for over the past four and a half years. I know it is going to be an amazing experience for us as well as our family and friends who have been on this journey with us. I can't wait to share the whole birth story when it is all over with. I can't wait to find out who is in there and who is coming home with us...Blake or Kinsley.

I plan to update my blog as we go or have someone update it if I can't so I will keep you all posted as soon as I can over the next two days. I simply cannot wait to post a picture of our newest addition. Please pray for a calm, peaceful experience for Jeff and me. Please pray for Kate to adjust well and enjoy her few days with family as I am going to miss her like crazy. Most importantly, please pray that this baby arrives as healthy as possible and that all goes well with the delivery.

This morning I told Kate the baby was coming out of mommy's tummy this week, she looked at me as serious as could be and said "then you can play chase with me mommy"! I almost cried! I carried her down the stairs from her nap for the first time in 9 months today, she laid on my shoulder and I couldn't put her down, I didn't even care how much it hurt my cerclage...I am SO ready to be back to 100% mommy mode with her.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your love, prayers and support - we are so excited for this week and can't wait to share with all of you.
Katie

15 comments:

Brooks said...

I am praying for you and your family! Congratulations! You deserve it! I can't wait to find out who is in there! God bless! Love, Brooks, Tony and Augie!

Ashly said...

I'm over the top excited for you! Everything will go great=) I will continue to be in prayer for you and the family.

The Partins said...

I'm praying that you have the PERFECT delivery and I can't wait to hear your updates and see pictures!! We are praying for all of you!

Jennifer said...

Katie,
I am just thrilled for you and Jeff. I know how badly you have prayed for this day to come and I know you are going to have a safe and healthy delivery. We can't wait to find out if Kate is going to have a brother or sister :) Regardless, she is going to be the best big sister. I pray for a smooth transition for you guys. Congratulations you have made it through the longest wait and I know God will give you the most precious baby!

Allison said...

Congratulations! We look foward to meeting him or her!

MBKimmy said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! I can't wait to see who it is that you bring home! Good luck I will be praying for you!

Bethany said...

Just stopped by to check on you and wish you luck tomorrow. We'll be praying for you all. Can't wait to find out what that little blessing is, so be sure to update us all as soon as you can. Enjoy every little detail!!! You deserve it! Blessings to you and your family.

MattandErin said...

I am so super duper beyond excited!!!! I will bring my laptop, camera, and transfer port so that I can send out some pics of Baby Gordon ASAP!!! Can't wait! I'll talk to you tomorrow! Erin

Chris said...

CONGRATS!!! I will be thinking of you the next few days! Lindsay has just started the "I'm a baby" phase. Get ready....She loves her sister but the pacifier is NOT going anywhere anytime soon! LOL! I love both names you have chosen. Good luck I can't wait to see pink or blue!

Nana said...

Katie & Jeff, I can't wait to go through the next part of this journey with you through your blog. I will be checking it every hour for the next two days.
God tells us to always go with a prayer on our lips and you all will be the main focus of my prayers for the next two days.
Congratulations for making it to the end.

Kelly and Brent said...

I am so excited for you and Jeff and can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl! Good luck tomorrow. We will all be praying for a smooth delivery. Can't wait to see pictures of baby Gordon with his/her parents and big sis!

Amanda said...

You go girl! You are about to be Mommy 100% to 2! Just you wait! The fun is only beginning! :) It is worth every second! I am standing by waiting for BIG NEWS!!! :)

Katie said...

Of course we are very much praying for you guys tomorrow and Wednesday-I think it is safe to say you have A LOT of loving people praying for you guys! I thought about you at my appt. today and tried to imagine all the emotions that you must be feeling. Erin will give good updates I am sure so I am looking forward to them. Next time I see you, you will be a mom of two!!!!

LC said...

Oh Katie...I am so filled with joy and hope for Jeff, Kate & you. I know whether Blake or Kinsley- they will be gorgeous (just like their big sister).

Plan on bringing dinner by- let me know what works best for you! Man, God is GOOD- REAL GOOD!!!

Laurie

arg0129 said...

Katie, I can't wait to meet the little one! Congrats to you and Jeff and Kate. I am so happy for you guys!