Friday, January 6, 2012
A little change in plans...
It is 3:30am and I can't sleep....
I went to the OB today and they decided to check on my cerclage, turns out I am dilating right through my stitches and they have to come out. I had everything scheduled a week from today (the 13th) but they have moved it to 8am in the morning. I told the doctor I wanted to wait another week to guarantee Emily another week but he said there is no difference in her coming tomorrow or next week. He said at this point the stitches have done their job and now they need to come out so it doesn't become an emergency needing to get them out. He did show me (on my belly!) where her head is and she is still not fully engaged but is head down. They called right from the office and Dr. K is meeting us early before his full day of appointments to get this cerclage out, we have to be there at 8am. I am anxious, scared, excited, ready and a whole lot more...I have no idea what to expect, they said labor could be anywhere from tomorrow to two weeks, there is no way of knowing how my body will respond to the removal. I am most anxious about the actual procedure itself as we are going to attempt this in his office with no epidural, he said if we couldn't do it, we will admit me and do the epidural but I would really like to put on my brave face and get it done in the office so I can be home. I remember thinking when he took it out with Blake that I would have died without my epidural but maybe this will be different. When he removed my cerclage with Blake I dilated to 1cm right away and in two hours I was 4 centimeters. I am already over 1cm now so we will see what happens, I am not even sure if he will check and tell me tomorrow or not. I know once this cerclage is out, I am going to feel so much relief from all the pain it causes and it will be fun to just be 'normal' and know if I start serious labor, it's actually OK. Right now my contractions still scare me as I fear going to long and my stitches tearing my cervix - so while I am anxious about the procedure itself, I know the relief will be sweet in many many ways!
Tonight we made a last minute trip to Build a Bear so Blake and Kate could make Emily a bear, they each picked one out and had a lot of fun, we did that with Kate before Blake came and she remembered and didn't want me to forget we had to do that. We thought just incase Miss. Em comes tomorrow we better get that done tonight! It was a fun night with the kids and we really have a fun weekend planned so we will see if our plans can hold up!
I appreciate any prayers tomorrow morning as we get through this procedure, that I am able to put on my game face and get through it unmedicated!! Also, that sweet Emily will come when she is totally ready and not a moment too soon for her!
AHHHH here we go..