Tuesday, October 23, 2007

20 weeks and 3 days...

Hello everyone! It has been a really long day but I wanted to update everyone. Today we had our appointment with the high risk doctor (Korotkin). The good news is that the babies looked great, all three of them looked great actually! They were so big it was amazing and they all measured together at 13oz, 14oz and 14oz, which means one of the twins went from 8oz to 14oz, yeah little one! There is no sign of twin to twin transfusion and the fluid around the babies looks great, I do have a lot of fluid but nothing he is worried about, he just said it is adding to the pressure on my uterus.
So the other news...the past week I have been having a lot of contractions, I mean like over 20 a day and they have really made me nervous. Today my cervix measured 3.1 (from 3.7), 3.1 is still good but he wants to make sure it doesn't go down anymore. So he wanted me to get hooked up to the contraction machine and make sure I wasn't contracting too much. Turns out I was contracting even more then they thought, after 1 hour he gave me a shot of Terbutaline and that really made my contractions slow down, unfortunately it made me feel like I was going to go into cardiac arrest but it made the contractions stop. I was very worried and the whole afternoon really drained me. I just really need my body to cooperate and hold tight for 12 more weeks or so, even more if possible. So Dr. K sent me home on bed rest (even though I was already there, he said I can be up the most in the morning but just eat my meals up and that is all). We will see where things are next week, I think he is trying to get me a little further without being on the medicine full time. I am to call if I have a lot of contractions in one day again. The good thing is I see Grogan Monday and him again Tuesday, at least they are so on top of things.
Things are going OK with getting Katelyn taken care of, I have most days worked out really well but am struggling with a few days. My heart is so broken over not being able to take care of her, I think that is why I cried on the way home from the doctor today. I want to stay home with her and I want to be her mommy but I can't right now, it is really hard for me to comprehend. I don't want to miss a minute of her life but I know it is for the good of her sisters. I know someday she will understand that - it doesn't make the mommy guilt go away though. I know I am not the only person with a child this young in this situation, I just don't know how people do it all. Maybe they hire help...I don't think that is an option for us.
On a happier note, my neighborhood friends threw me a beautiful shower this past week-end and it was so much fun! Don't worry I had my feet up the whole time. I had so much fun visiting with everyone and the girls got so many great things. I will post some pictures tomorrow, I am just too tired tonight.
Please keep those prayers coming!
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh wow, so sorry you're feeling down right now. Glad you had a good appointment though. Keep focusing on the positive. This is a blip in the radar. Soon enough you'll have four little girls running you ragged all around the house. I can't imagine being in your shoes and not stressing just the same. That shot sounds scary. I hope that affect didn't last long. Dr. Korotkin is a wonderful guy and you're in good hands! Take it easy and can't wait to see all your loot in the next post.