Saturday, October 27, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I have never been so happy to be home in my entire life, really! I came home Friday afternoon on strict bed rest and terbutaline every four hours (even in the middle of the night)! When I left yesterday I was down to about 2 contractions an hour so that was much better. I am only allowed to shower once and get up to use the bathroom, that is all. I am following everything they told me because I want to stay home so much. I probably have between 9 and 13 weeks left (lets pray for closer to 13 weeks) and I will die from missing Katelyn if I have to stay at Northside. I think I now have a good schedule worked out weekly for Katelyn thanks to our family and friends - everyone is being incredible and it is making this much easier on Jeff and me. Kate doesn't seem to mind that I am not able to get up with her, not yet anyways, she is loving all the people here to "play with her". Karley was here today and Katelyn had a blast!

But here is the best part of my entire day...Kate on bed rest with mommy!


I think Katelyn and I both needed some time together, she was sitting with me on the couch and the next thing I know she was asleep - I can't remember the last time she fell asleep on me, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Tomorrow I am going to post some shower pictures and a new belly picture, you all must be curious to how big I am getting - I am looking very large:)! Last night you could see someone kick me so hard my stomach jumped, we saw it through my shirt, it was hilarious, the girls are very active now!
OK I am going to bed, thanks for all the love and support you all have given us. Everyone has been amazing bringing food and offering to help, we need it and love you all for it all! 21 weeks tomorrow, 9 weeks till the babies could be born safely but 13 weeks before I want them to be born, praying for my body to cooperate here.
Katie

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That picture is too sweet! I am happy to hear that you are home and resting comfortably. You and your family continue to be in my prayers -- if you make it 13 weeks, then we will probably be delivering around the same time! Take care of yourself!

Lisa Sanders said...

I am so glad you are back home! I love the picture of you and Kate. I think she knew you needed some cuddle time!

Chris said...

Congrats on being back home! YAY!! That is such a sweet pic of you and the baby. Cuddle time is the best!! I'm praying for you that it's 13 weeks or more!

mary Jacobson said...

Hi Katie,
I have been watching your blog and it brings me back 22 years and 19 years ago. Jenna was born at 27 weeks and Kaylee made it to 37 but I was on strict bedrest from July 1 to Nov. 26! I know how you feel! It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life but also the most worthwhile. You have a wonderful attitude that I can see in your blog. Keep up the hard work of being a great mommy. Know that I am thinking of you and Jeff and the girls!(ALL FOUR OF THEM)