Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It is what it is at this point...

Well, today was my appointment with the high risk group, Dr. Korotkin was out of town this week so I saw another doctor in the practice. Let me tell you how my experience was...the ultra sound tech, who I really do like and have had before takes me back for my scan and cervix check. We talk for awhile, she checks the baby and we play around watching the baby for awhile, the baby looked perfect and was so big and active - very fun! She then proceeds to check my cervix. She says "hum I can't find your cervix, where is your cervix, hold on everything is fine you are just contracting a lot but it is OK" (I quote her exact words here). I am thinking great that makes me feel wonderful. Then she says "OK it is good and long still, it is 3.8 but let me see here, oh you are contracting but don't let that worry you" she measures again and it fluctuates with my contractions but she ends up recording it at 3.8 (which is really good). She leaves and I sit there completely overwhelmed, I didn't feel any of the contractions she was recording and I still feel them throughout the day so that was unsettling. It wasn't great for my anxiety level that she was telling me all that and her telling me "oh don't worry but I am watching you contract" not to mention she didn't see the cervix at first was very very unnerving. Then the doctor walks in...he says Ok well you look good, any questions? I said well it is bothering me that I am contracting so much already and he says and I quote "oh that is so annoying isn't it?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell off the table, isn't that like telling a heart attack patient that their chest pain must be so annoying? My annoying contractions led to the loss of three babies last time and he said "that is so annoying". Then he says, "well you are seeing Jeffrey (Dr.K) next week so if you start bleeding or something come back and we will see what is going on", I am thinking to myself 'no kidding if i start bleeding i should come back in'...what the...I left there so stunned I couldn't think straight. What is it with these doctors? I was so frustrated again today but i know I have to let it go, nobody is giving me anything to hold on to right now, no answers, nothing to make me feel better. I guess they assume if something happens in the next three weeks then it happens...they really can't help the baby till I am 24 weeks. I don't know, I guess it is what it is and we will see what happens. I think I will cancel my appointment with Dr. G on Thursday, I don't want someone checking my cervix again and I don't want her to tell me to get on anxiety pills again so I will just wait till I see Dr. Korotkin on Tuesday. She was only seeing me to appease me and to make me feel better but besides checking me herself she really won't do anything else and I don't need someone up there twice in a week, that can't possibly help things. So I will hang out till next week and see what happens!

Here is my belly this week, 20 weeks and growing. I still feel much smaller than I was at this point with the triplets so that is nice:)!


8 comments:

MattandErin said...

Katie,

I am so sorry that this other doctor was so unsympathetic and thoughtless. Like you really need to deal with his ignorance on top of everything else right now... You would think he would have been better informed about your situation (or maybe he was and he is just a jerk). All I can say is that I truly believe everything WILL BE OKAY, and that WHEN you hit that 24-week mark, you will feel so much better. Try and relax if you can - the more stress-free you are, the better for the baby (which I know seems impossible right now). Let me know how I can help! Erin

Bethany said...

You look amazing!!! What a beautiful pregnant woman you are!! Girl, I'm right there with you. During my last pregnancy I went into my 24 week appointment with normal concerns. I was seeing Scott that day, and he bascially belittled me and I started crying right there in the office...and then he huffs out and I can hear him talking to my regular OB, saying that I was being unreasonable and emotional. From that point on my OB didn't even have me see another doctor...boy did I feel like my chart was tagged "Psycho-Preggo"...and there's nothing more that you want during un-nerving times than a sympathic and compationate practitioner.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! It is annoying, but even more so, it's frightening, stressfull, and not good for anyone to experience. We'll say extra prayers for you to get through this very trying time. You're so close....and God's hands are on you and your little one.

Amanda said...

Sorry I have not posted lately! Things are CRAZY on the Henson front! :) Marleigh has had a rough few weeks, but is doing well now. You are in my prayers. I am SO sorry you are going through this. It seems so unfair. I cant' imagine anything anyone says on here will really help you calm down or rest easy, but know that God is in control and He is the only one that knows what lies ahead and nothing can change that. So rest in HIM and let him carry you through this time.

The Partins said...

I can't believe what a jerk that doctor was! If he knew... he is a jerk. If he didn't know... he is a jerk for not reading your file before checking you (hello... you can't help someone if you don't know what they've got going on!) Don't let his actions affect how you feel about your other doctors though... at the end of the day, they want you to succeed, even if they say dumb things... unfortunately, they don't always like to listen to valid concerns. You are the only one who knows how you feel so don't let a doctor make you feel bad about speaking your mind. Keep telling them what is going on until they listen and if they don't, tell them you will find someone who will! stick it to em Katie! grrrr!

MBKimmy said...

I am sorry the Dr was a dummy ... that really suscks! I would keep the other dr visit ... only b/c she knows you and she may be able to make you feel some what better!

Hang in there and TRY really hard not to WORRY!

PS you look great!

MBKimmy said...

Just stopin by for a update - praying for all of you!

Nana said...

Katie, Katie, get busy and write that book. You have a great story to tell that a lot of expectant mother's would benefit from reading. Throw yourself into it and before you know that little one will be here. You can do it, you are a stornger person than even you realize and I want the first autograhed copy.
I pray for you everyday.
Love ya.

Amy said...

Hi. I found your blog on the Steece Family blog. I have read every single post. I know you do not know me but I am Amy, I live in Texas and I am praying for YOU! I pray for the Lord's peace that passes ALL understanding for you and the rest of your pregnancy.