Friday, September 5, 2008

Another week down!

I had a good appointment with Dr. Grogan yesterday and I have made it through the first week of not seeing Dr. Korotkin in over a month! It was good to reconnect with Dr. Grogan, she was very attentive and back on track with things. We had to run a bunch of tests since I had that awful infection show up after I delivered the triplets. I am glad we did all the tests and am anxious to hear the results but it left me with so many contractions. After taking the 48 dose of meds last week-end I was able to get a lot of relief from the contractions, it was so nice. However by mid Wednesday they were back to where I was the week before. After discussing all this with Dr. Grogan, her and Dr. K decided it was time to start the medicine regularly. I can't be on what I took last week-end because it is a short term fix and you can't be on it in the third trimester (WHICH I HAVE ALMOST MADE IT TO)!! I really wanted to wait as long as possible for the medicine but I made it almost 6 weeks longer than I did with the triplets so that is the good news! I started the meds last night and am easing into them to try and minimize the side effects. Nobody is worried and I am not worried either, all of this is to prevent things from quickly getting out of control like last time. My cervix didn't appear to have changed yesterday (we didn't get a number since Dr. G just checked) and as long as it hasn't changed next week we are still doing great! Like I said last week my contractions are pretty painful because of my cerclage so this should also give me some relief from that. All in all it was a great appointment and I am feeling really really good and really really excited!!!! Every week is so huge for me to pass now and every week is so new since I have never experienced this part of pregnancy!

Katelyn and I had a great week too, we were super busy but it made the week go by pretty fast! She still loves school and seems to be adjusting well to three days a week. I hope next week to have more down time while she is in school, as the past two weeks have been pretty busy! We are looking forward to a low key week-end. Jeff and I are going out Saturday night to celebrate my birthday a little early (we pretend it is not September 11th)! We are also getting ready to start working on the nursery, we said 26 weeks so maybe next week-end! I am ready and so excited about getting things going and really making this feel real. We are putting up bboard and painting the top half of the room chocolate brown. I found two different adorable boy and girl bedding sets that have the same chocolate brown in them so all we will have to do is add the bedding down the road. I really should be using Katelyn's bedding if we have a girl but I just wanted to go all out for this baby too, so I am selling Kate's adorable bedding set, if anyone needs girl bedding it is precious and like new.
That's all for today, I am off to get some things done before I go pick up Katelyn. Happy Friday!

Katie

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Katie,
I am so glad things are going well for you and hopefully the new medicine will do its job. It is so great to hear the excitment in your voice and not the fear of the unknown. You have done great so far and I can't wait for you to experience your third trimester and to start decorating for your precious baby!

MBKimmy said...

So glad things are going well ... slow down, take it easy ... i know it is easier to say that than to do it ...
looking forward to more good updates .. you are in my prayers!

Heather said...

I have been reading you off and on for a while. I am so happy for you! Like Mbkimmy I enjoy every good update! Enjoy decorating that nursery.

Amanda said...

woohoo! so excited to hear this news! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery! I love nursery decor! :) Still haven't gotten the address for my friend -- will be in touch when I do! :)