Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another week down...

I just love having my appointments at the end of the week because I feel like I can truly check off another successful week! I met with Dr. Grogan, my OB today and thankfully it was very anticlimactic. She checked my cervix and it is long and closed! My blood pressure was good and low, like always, passed my diabetes test with flying colors, failed my strep B test again but will wait till labor to get the IV antibiotics and the best news of all...I didn't gain any weight - finally! As much as I would love to post my weight gain, let's just say it has been well above and beyond but nobody is worried and there isn't much I can do about it at this point. Thank goodness I lost the 50lbs I had gained from the triplets prior to getting pregnant again or I would be enormous! I go back to Dr. K next Friday and will be at my 30 week mark at that point - unbelievable to me! Not the greatest picture but here is my growing belly!

We have had a great week around here, we had a lot of downtime since we couldn't find gas for the majority of the week! Kate is doing so awesome at school and loves all the kids in her class. Jeff has been busy working on the nursery and I am SO excited with the way it is turning out, I will post pictures as soon as I can get some good ones taken. I am finally feeling safe enough to get things really going and I actually ordered the bedding on Tuesday, that was a huge step for me. I also made a list of all the things we need to get from Babies r Us and I washed the car seat cover today, as if I need the carseat cover washed this early, it was the only thing I could do around here. I think the nesting has set in and my type A personality can't hold out on planning anymore! I have to run but wanted to send out a quick update.

Katie

8 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Hurray for another week - the prayers are being answered and I WILL CONTINUE to pray for more weeks - 9 to be exact!~

Jennifer said...

YEAH!!! How awesome, you are 30 weeks, God is working his magic for you :) I am just so happy for you and look forward to you enjoying the birth of your precious baby. Keep up the good work :)

Amanda said...

You look great -- I get chills everytime I read your posts, as I am SO excited for you! Keep the good news rolling! You are on the home stretch my friend. Cherish every single second! :)

Nana said...

Katie, my first impression when I saw your picture was, "she looks like she is carrying a girl". It won't be long until the big secret will be out.

MattandErin said...

Yea for a great appointment! I hope these next 10 weeks FLY BY! I understand the nesting thing... It is hard when you are an over-preparer like me! LOL You look so cute in your picture - you are all belly! :)

Erin

Lisa Sanders said...

You look fantastic and are totally coming down the home stretch! I think this is the best time to be pregnant. There are so many fun fall things to do that will make the time fly by!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you had another great appointment and you are feeling good! You look amazing and don't worry, I'm no longer posting my weight gain either! :) It'll be our little secret! Enjoy nesting, little mama! Love ya!

Chris said...

You look awesome!! You're all belly girl! Don't sweat it.
COngrats on another great week. I know you are due near Christmas have they decided when you are going to go in to be induced or are you waiting to go into labor??