Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where have I been?

I don't know where I have been...living life with these two blessings, trying not to fall over from lack of sleep. Blake is such an ANGEL baby but he doesn't like to sleep at night! Unfortunately it isn't that he wakes up hungry, he wakes up and just won't go back to sleep, he is so unsettled. I feed him but he could take it or leave it and then I spend the next two hours trying to get him to go back to sleep...I am not sure what to do, we are trying everything. Thank goodness he is so sweet all day and really during the night he is pretty sweet too! I know this will pass soon, we didn't know how good we had it when Kate slept through the night at 4 weeks. But I can't complain, I am blissfully happy regardless of how tired I am right now. Katelyn loves Blake so much and Blake has really started smiling at her and watching her, he is going to love his big sister when he is old enough to play with her. Everyday Kate asks me when Blake can play dress up with her, poor little boy! I still can't believe how blessed Jeff and I are, after everything we have been through, I feel like God has given us such a gift in these two children. I miss my girlies so much, everyday still, but I simply can't imagine my life without Blake and I feel like he is my gift from the girls. I know they are watching over us and waiting to meet us all in heaven someday! The middle of the night when I am up with Blake is my favorite time to pray, talk to God and talk to my girls, I imagine them and wonder what they would be like at this age. I know they would be beautiful and so full of life...anyways, I just wanted to share how much my heart still misses them.
This morning when we all were awake, well Jeff and I had been awake for several hours (oh and Blake), but I think Blake woke Kate up, it was 6am and I was tired beyond words but we were all laying in our bed (a special treat as we don't let the kids sleep in our bed) I smiled so big, looked at my crowded bed and thought this is the BEST Valentines Day ever!! The only thing missing is my girls but I know someday we will all be together again! Till then, we will live life to the fullest with these two angels we have here! Happy Valentines Day, enjoy our new pictures!
Nothing sweeter in the world

My Valentines!
Working on our head strength

Kate loves Blakes new toys!

Hanging out


7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Katie,
I am so sorry you are having a difficult time with Blake and his lack of sleeping at night. It has to wear on you after a while. But you are right, it will pass....

The new pictures are great! The first one is one of my favorites of Blake, he looks so peaceful :) And the one of Kate is hysterical, wearing her sunglasses and sitting in the exer-saucer, too cute!

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

MBKimmy said...

He is so so handsome! So loved and so lucky to have his big sister!

As for the sleeping ... it is boys - Bowden is not a sleeper we waited until month 5 then finally had to do the Cry it out thing ... hardest thing I have ever done in my life! Hang in there boyz are just a little whimpy at first!

The Partins said...

He may just not be a big sleeper... Jamie was/is like Blake - a WONDERFUL baby, will go anywhere, always happy - but Jamie still will only take one SHORT nap a day and wakes up about once a week for 2 - 3 hours in the middle of the night, but most nights, she is just up for about 15 - 60 minutes once or twice a night... if he doesn't change, look on the bright side, you'll at least get used to it. :-) I think she is just a light sleeper and he may be too (so teething, slight tummy ache, gas, etc. will wake them up)

But hopefully he ISN'T like her and will start sleeping for you!!

Katie Tucker said...

Ok, first I LOVE the pic of Kate in the exersaucer-that is so funny!

Blake is such a great little man-what a little blessing! The bit about the girls brought tears to my eyes. I still think about them often.

Kelly and Brent said...

I love the new pictures! And I am so happy you are enjoying being a mommy of two...even if you are probably a walking zombie! :)

The pic of Kate in the exer-saucer cracks me! Maddie tries to get in everything of Hailey's. I swear it is like Christmas all over again for them. Our little rocker is about to break because Maddie thinks her 34 lb body can swing in it. Yikes!

Kate said...

Bless your heart!!! I hated the no sleeping phase. Its the worst, but remember it IS just a phase and this too shall pass. Atleast you've got a good attitude about it. :)

Oh, and the picture of Kate in the exersaucer is hilarious. Thats EXACTLY what I'm expecting Bailey will be doing once I bring out all the fun baby toys. ;)

arg0129 said...

Katie,
He is adorable! If you ever want to chat in the middle of the night, give me a call..I can't sleep eaither due to my ever growing belly!