Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where has May gone?

Once again things have been really busy around here...I am coming to terms with the fact that things are not going to slow down! Blake will be 6 months next week and I am still coming to terms with that. We had his check up already because we had to get his ears rechecked and everything looked perfect! Blake was 17lbs 9 oz and 26 inches long! He seems to be doing better on the soy formula and we have been doing baby food, shockingly he doesn't love his food but he is getting better. Blake continues to be such a good baby, he rarely cries and has fallen into a very easy schedule for me, I couldn't ask for anything more. Each day with him is so exciting as I feel like he is learning so much right now. I can hardly soak it all up, the time just goes way too fast! We had Blake baptized a few week-ends ago, the service was perfect and Blake was an angel. We had the service at the church where Jeff and I got married and where we had Katelyn baptized so it was perfect! My mother in law made Blake the most adorable outfit to wear and he was a complete ham! He just chilled while he was walked around the alter and didn't make a peep, when they handed him back to me he fell asleep in my arms and slept till the service was over, I couldn't have asked for things to go any smoother! Here are some pictures of the big day!



Kate just finished her preschool class and had a great year! We will really miss her teachers and friends but I hope she will get to be with some of her friends again next year. I have Kate in a summer school/camp for the next four weeks with one of her friends from our neighborhood, they had their first day yesterday and I don't know who loved it more...mommy or Kate! I prefer having a routine with Kate and she prefers having something to do so really the summer camp works in both our favors! She will also get to do a gymnastic camp in the middle of July with her cousins, she will love it! The same day as Blake's Baptism we had Kate's gymnastics ceremony and she was adorable, here are some pictures! She loves her gymnastics class and is really pretty good at the routines they are teaching her.



Jeff just got done traveling for four weeks in a row for work, home on the week-ends and it was a huge adjustment for me. I am spoiled by having a husband that doesn't travel and I think I prefer it that way! It was a good busy four weeks but I have a huge respect for women who do it all by themselves all the time...I definitely realized what a huge help Jeff is around here with the kids! I am glad that project is over and there is no more travel in the future for him right now! We have a busy summer with several family trips planned, two lake trips and one to the beach so we are looking forward to all the fun activities! I am going to find more time to blog, I swear I will!




No comments: